Saturday, December 22, 2012

Black Holes and Baby Universes (book)

Stephen Hawking Black Holes and Baby Universe (1993) Collected essays and talks on the subjects indicated, and others. Hawking is worth reading. His disability (on which he gives some reflections) forces him to be pithy. He does allow himself the occasional joke, and has obviously read widely. The repetitive nature of the subjects he has been asked to discuss in public makes for some repeated paragraphs (I think he reuses previously written material, as well he should.)  I enjoyed this book a lot. PS: I am one of those who have read his Brief History of Time. **** (2000)

No comments:

Visual and other illusions

   Visual illusions vary. Some can be controlled. For example, I find that once I’ve seen both images in a dual-image illusion, I can see ei...